CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nash Tiago Nogueira ....

Yae- He's here! Born 6:14 a.m. on September 21, 2009. Weighing in at 7ibs. 14 oz. and 20 inches long. We can't believe it. And oh, so cute.

Here's our quick story-

As you can see by the photos my face started to swell the last two days before delivering but of course Sergio doesn't notice, he says I'm still beautiful and skinny till the last minute...whatever. And of course I only notice the swelling once the pictures are downloaded a week later. I should have known.

We also had the neatest two butterflies come land on our pool and stay put forever. That was on Saturday... I've always loved butterflies and they always symbolize something miraculous in my eyes, so once again, I should have known our little one was close at hand.

On Sunday night contractions started around 6pm. Off and on every 12-15 minutes. No big deal. At 4:00 am contractions started every 5 minutes. A little bit bigger deal, wake Sergio up and take a shower. At 4:36 am contractions show up every 2 minutes. Ok, big, uncomfortable deal. No time to waist. Put kids in the car as fast as possible. At 5:04 leave for the hospital with no time to drop the kids off at our friends house. Sergio... worried about the cops refused to speed and run red lights, mom starts to get extra huffy and puffy and tells him to get a move on it. I'm in love with the freezing cold air conditioner blowing in my face. Kids are popsicles in the back wondering why mom has to breath so much and SO loud. 5:38 am arrive at hospital. Check-in and wait in waiting room for at least 3 or 4 more contractions. Speed off to our room in a wheel chair, strip down, dress in my lovely princess gown and the nurse checks me and says "oh my, you're dilated to a 9.

Did I really say I wanted to go all natural? Ok, I did and whether I wanted to or not, it was all natural. No induction, no epidural, no make-up and hair-do a la natural. My breathing techniques and wiggly toes, and death grip on Sergio would have impressed you all. Or maybe the growling/grunting stunt I pulled at the very end would have impressed you even more. Either way...I am ONE with the pioneer ladies now. If they could do it in a covered wagon or in a tent, I could certainly hang on and do it in a hospital. Thank heavens my doctor was on call that morning and he showed up in the final minutes of Nash's arrival. I was so glad, and we are so blessed.

Our other 3 kiddos were amazing. They patiently waited so quiet and so curious. The nurses took them out of the room just in the final minutes and as soon as Nash was taken care of and swaddled up, they brought the kids right back into the room. I actually think it was meant to be this way and I am so glad they were there for the arrival of their little brother. They were all so excited to see him. It was awesome to watch the instant love and adoration they had - especially little Nick. He still can't get enough of his little brother.

The hospital stay was short and sweet. A total of 32 hours. I'm not a huge fan. Get me a comfy bed and some decent food and besides that there's no place like home, there's no place like home!

Sergio was able to take the whole week off. He is a such a trooper. He's the best daddy and the best hubby a woman could ever ask for. He took very good care of the kids and I. We wish he could have had more time off. The week flew by and it never even seemed like time off for Sergio, he was constantly on the go.

Nash is now just over a week old. What a treat and a blessing to have him in our family. The kids are so good to him. Nadia sings to him, Nathan gets him his binki and tells me when he's hungry, and Nick loves to hold him, bathe him, and he kisses him before school and before bed everyday. They are all such great helpers.

Now if I could just get my dang pelvic bones to go back into place, I think a full recovery is in the very near future. We love our new addition and already can't believe how easy it is to open up our hearts and love another little child with as much gusto as the other three. It just happens and now we can't imagine our family without Nash to top it off.

Sergio set up his surgery for next week. He's not messin' around with this. He definately says we're done with 4. Love him and I promise to keep some cool ice packs ready for you, honey!

We love you all and thank you for your support and prayers. Hope you like the pictures.

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Congratulations on another beautiful baby! He is just adorable and I wish he were in my arms right now. We can't wait to meet baby Nash. I must say....if that's what "a la natural" looks like....not bad honey. Not bad at all. We love you all and send big hugs and kisses and "get those pelvic bones back" wishes. Love, G,N,S,J, & A

ps. LOVE the tummy painting!

Julie Knowlton said...

Yay! Congrats to you guys! He is so beautiful. You guys make great spawn.
And my crush on you just grew to a whole new level. ALL NATURAL? You amaze me.

Love you all.

Sarah said...

k- so glad I checked your blog today. I thought you had probably popped out that baby by now. WOW way to go all natural. you ARE the woman. What a stinkin cutie pie and love the name. hope you are feeling good and getting some sleep. i'll call you in a week or so to chat. hang in there girl. four kids rock (five is even better). better put off that surgery!!! {LOL}

Unknown said...

congratulations!! I am glad everything went so well!! :)

Brittany H said...

So cute! I'm glad you made it to the Hospital!